I ain’t never gonna go back to my old ways again.
January 31, 2011 § 1 Comment
uh, awkward. I have all these blogs I want to write about how I’ve leaped into 2011 as a gleaming instrument of productivity in satisfaction (which is kind of partly true!) but clearly, I’ve let another month slip by without doing the blogging I supposed I would be doing in 2011. Please excuse the massive backlog of posts here.
I always make New Year’s resolutions. I always make these vague, touchy-feeley resolutions that I do and feel good about sometimes, and guilty about others. And I always refine these ambiguous blobby initiatives down to an arbitrarily low number of resolutions, as if that somehow makes them more reasonable or easier to achieve. Or, as if that will put all of my other desires for self-improvement out of my mind and help me focus on the really important things.
I know myself better than that.
No matter what I am doing, I am always finding new ways to overestimate, overextend, distract, sample, dabble, side track, burn the candle at both ends, put more tasks on my plate. This year I’m going to try a different approach to New Year resolutions: please step up to my buffet of 32 (an arbitrarily large number!) of goals for 2011. In no particular order:
- don’t waste time.
- sleep at night, for periods of 6-8 hours, every night, like a normal human.
- spend a MINIMUM of 12 hours of dedicated, distraction drawing-only time.
- finish a MINIMUM of 1 “big project”, design or drawing-wise, per month.
- blog TWICE A WEEK about art and design things. (I know…)
- improve my photography skills; especially portraits and photographing my work.
run a sub-50 minute 10k race. run a sub-2 hour half marathon race.
- complete another marathon.
- do strength training twice a week.
- stop eating gross snack food just because I’m bored at work.
- take proper care of my skin.
- hair cut every 12 weeks (this is HUGE.)
throw away gross old clothes.
- save lots and lots of money.
- expand music collection ^___^
- learn to french braid…
- finish to-do lists within a reasonable amount of time
- spend less time making stupid lists
- skype friends more
- avoid injury
- start learning Spanish, like maybe one hour a week.
- make lots of travel plans!
visit Jeju island visit Gyeongju, Korea visit Seoraksan and Sokcho, Korea
- visit Lawrence, Kansas!
- look for new inspirational art things once a week.
- buy things that are environmentally conscious
- break the cycle of cheap crap in my life (buy quality)
- eat at a new restaurant once a month